Since the hubs is home, it’s time to bust out some of the recipes I’ve been collecting (read: Pinning on Pinterest). This muffin recipe is one that I saved from my mom’s Pins. She made them during a visit recently and I couldn’t help but attempt to reproduce them. Continue reading
These almond flour muffins are easy and tasty- my favorite combination when cooking. I found the recipe on Robin’s Sweet Confessions, a great Paleo resource. I made these in an attempt to have something healthy sitting around for breakfast- when you have a little one, it’s often helpful to have food around that only requires one hand to consume. And really…who doesn’t love muffins?
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal (almond flour)
- 3 large eggs, fresh
- 1/2 cups Cooper’s pure raw honey
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. Line a 6 cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
3. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together, except blueberries, until full combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
4. Fill each liner 3/4 full with batter.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes. (Top should be spongy, but firm when pressed.)
6. Cool for 5 minutes and remove from muffin pan.