Hmm…if there’s one thing Husband and I can’t get enough of, it’s cilantro. This cilantro and parsley heavy sauce is therefore, our favorite. I had it for the first time at Bonefish Grill and ever since then have always hunted it out whenever I was at a restaurant that offered it. While I was surfing Pinterest, I found this recipe from How Sweet It Is for a Garlic Brown Sugar Flank Steak with Chimichurri and was on my way to the grocery store with recipe in hand before the ink had time to dry on the paper. While I did make the flank steak (which was quite tasty), the real star of the meal was the chimichurri, so that’s what I’m sharing with you in this post! It’s pretty easy to make and goes great on a variety of things (as Husband and I adequately tested at dinner).
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. Combine the parsley, cilantro, oregano and garlic in a food processor and pulse until small leaves and pieces remain.
2. Add in the vinegar and pulse once more.
3. With the processor going, stream in the olive oil and mix until just combined.
4. Stir in the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Taste and season additionally if needed.
5. Store sealed in the fridge for up to a week or so.