Every once in a while you just need something snacky- but that doesn’t mean you can’t have something homemade and these are just enough above the norm to make it worth your while. I found these over at my blessed life– they’re a great snack for the kids and/or makes something easy to have around during the holidays for the crew to snack on while you work on the real meal.
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons parsley
- A couple dashes of cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Be sure to spray the foil with non-stick spray.
2. Combine Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt, parsley and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
3. Cut potatoes in half the long way. Then place each half flat on a cutting board and slice wedges. Place the potato wedges in a large bowl and toss with olive oil or butter to completely coat. Add the cheese mixture to the potato wedges and toss gently to coat evenly.
4. Place potatoes on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with leftover cheese mixture. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. The smaller wedges will be done sooner. I found it easy to turn the potatoes with tongs about halfway through the baking time…and I might have sprinkled more cheese mixture on when I turned them.