I’m always looking for something quick and easy that doesn’t necessarily taste quick and easy- and I don’t think I’m alone here. Enter: these delicious Honey Lime Chicken Skewers that I found on Kitchen Meets Girl. I had everything I needed already in the kitchen and decided to give these a try on a whim. Best decision I’ve made all week. Note: the cilantro is NOT just a garnish, it’s critical for cutting the heat of the sriracha sauce and red pepper. It’s a great combination.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- juice of one lime
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 teaspoon Siracha
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- In a small bowl, combine your ingredients, minus the cilantro. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour marinade over chicken breasts and turn to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Grill on medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear.
- Serve with cilantro.
Note: If you’re using bamboo skewers, soak your sticks in water for at least 5 minutes.