With fall in the air and Thanksgiving just around the corner, a plethora of pumpkin recipes is inevitable. I’ve always been skeptical about pumpkin recipes, so this is my first year jumping on the pumpkin-flavored-everything train and I found myself pleasantly surprised with these light flavorful beauties. Using only 1 tbsp of oil and no refined sugar, these are some treats you won’t feel guilty letting the kids grab.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line an 11″- x 7″-inch pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs and oil until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a separate medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, spices, salt and brown sugar. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until passes toothpick test. Cool completely before cutting.